So along with reviews, I’m doing “Experiments” – i.e. trying new things (or at least things that are new to me); they’ll be titled Experi because it’s shorter LOL.
So the other day I tried out nail stickers/transfers! Actually, they’re more like temporary tattoos, but for nails :D I purchased this Geisha design set of 15 for AUD$4.20 on Ebay… which is kind of pricing for only 15 nails worth considering you can buy whole polishes which last ages for the same price, but I really like them! The seller is based in Sydney, so it only took 2 working days, or 4 days (incl. the weekend) to arrive, which is great.
There are 5 unique designs, which is just enough for one per finger, if that’s what you’re after. You get 3 of each design:
Applying the design is super easy. I started with my normal nail poilish (2 color layers and 1 top coat- but I’m sure you can get away with just the two layers of color because you need a top coat later anyway). There are instructions on the back of the package, but I found a few little extra tricks.
1. Cut out the design you want; I just cut a square out of the sheet around the design I wanted.
2. Peel off the plastic film, try not to touch the design or it will lose it’s stickiness.
3. Wet the paper under cold/warm water and wet the nail you wish to apply it on. I used cold water and it seemed to work fine.
4. Press the design face down onto your nail, I held mine down for a bit to make sure it adhered.
5. Check the design has transferred to your nail, then peel off the backing.
6. Dry the design gently with a paper towel- be careful not to break the design! If there are bubbles, gently push the design down onto your nail.
7. If there’s excess, don’t worry about it. I tried to cut it off with a nail clipper, but I quickly found that was a bad idea. Instead, after the nail has dried, just leave the excess and paint over the design with your clear top coat, and the excess will probably “melt” a little. Just use nail polish remover on a cotton swab to gently remove the excess, making sure to press down the design on the edges of your nail so that it doesn’t peel away.
Mine turned out like this, I decided to only put it on my ring finger because I sort of want the pack to last longer, anddd it seems to be a trend to do fancier stuff on your ring finger, which I like because I didn’t want a lot of distracting things on my nails, haha. I love nail transfers, I’ll probably be buying more in the future because they’re just so easy haha.